Beautiful Books 2016: How's the Writing Going?
Hello, writerlings! If you're like me, you're deep in the throes of NaNo. (This post was scheduled beforehand and thus is brought to you by pre-NaNo Sky, who is probably a lot more calm than current Sky.) It's time for another round of Beautiful Books to discuss our novels!
Beautiful Books is a three-month long event focusing on your novel, whether it's for NaNo or otherwise. In October, we focused on plotting and introducing your novel. In November, we'll be focusing on the writing process and how NaNo is going. And in December, we'll be focusing on editing and how you think your book turned out!
You may have some questions about this...
Do I have to be doing NaNo to participate? Absolutely not! While the general format is suited well to writers doing NaNo, we want this blog link-up to be for everyone! Just pick a work-in-progress and you'll be good to go. Come one, come all!
How does it work? The format is really similar to Beautiful People. Each month, we'll be posting 10 questions, except this time for you to answer about your WIP (or yourself!). You'll take our 10 questions and answer them on your blog, then come back and link up here! And don't forget to go around and read the posts of the other participants--it could be a great way to make friends!
What about Beautiful People? Beautiful People will be back! But for now, show your WIP some love! There’s always the archive if you get the itch to do BP as well.
So... what do I do? Sit tight and read the questions Cait and I will post, then use them to help you think through one of your novels! Then link back, and overall be your awesome self! Also, if you want to share this with your friends, we aren't at all opposed! Making this one big party would be really cool.
Don't forget to link back, either via a text link or this fancy blog button.
This month, let's discuss the nitty-gritty details of your novel and the writing process.
- Overall, how is your mental state, and how is your novel going?
- What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?
- Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?
- What do you love about your novel so far?
- Have you made any hilarious typos or other mistakes?
- What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end — and why?
- What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!
- How private are you about your novel while you’re writing? Do you need a cheer squad or do you work alone (like, ahem, Batman)?
- What keeps you writing even when it’s hard?
- What are your top 3 pieces of writing advice?
How's NaNo (or writing in general) going, lovelies? Let me know in the comments below!