Beautiful Books 2016: Introduce Your Novel!
Greetings, writerlings! NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, and in honor of that, Beautiful People will be temporarily turned into a different link-up: Beautiful Books, a three-month long event focusing on your novel, whether it's for NaNo or otherwise. In October, we'll be focusing on plotting and introducing your novel. In November, we'll be focusing on the writing process and how NaNo is going. And in December, we'll be focusing on editing and how you think your book turned out!
You may have some questions about this...
Do I have to be doing NaNo to participate? Absolutely not! While the general format is suited well to writers doing NaNo, we want this blog link-up to be for everyone! Just pick a work-in-progress and you'll be good to go. Come one, come all!
How does it work? The format is really similar to Beautiful People. Each month, we'll be posting 10 questions, except this time for you to answer about your WIP (or yourself!). You'll take our 10 questions and answer them on your blog, then come back and link up here! And don't forget to go around and read the posts of the other participants--it could be a great way to make friends!
What about Beautiful People? Beautiful People will be back! But for now, show your WIP some love! There’s always the archive if you get the itch to do BP as well.
So... what do I do? Sit tight and read the questions Cait and I will post, then use them to help you think through one of your novels! Then link back, and overall be your awesome self! Also, if you want to share this with your friends, we aren't at all opposed! Making this one big party would be really cool.
Don't forget to link back, either via a text link or this fancy blog button.
This month, we want to hear all about your fabulous novel!
- What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
- Describe what your novel is about!
- What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!
- Introduce us to each of your characters!
- How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)
- What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
- List 3 things about your novel’s setting.
- What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?
- How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
- What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?