Last November, my project for NaNoWriMo was called Leo Andromedus Saved the World, a magical realism novel about a bunch of rascals. Even though that book was narrated by my character Emilie, the enigmatic protagonist was Leo Andromedus Kelly, who could definitely stand for more development. That's why I'm featuring him for this week's A Novel Idea prompt, which is to write a list of 20 things about a character. Leo popped into mind, and after a lot of thought, I managed to assemble 20 facts about him for your enjoyment (and, much to my delight, I found out a lot more about Leo than I expected). So here we go!
1. He is an only child. This makes his bond with his squad (Emilie, Allan, and Raven) all the stronger--they are his family.
2. Not to be totally cliche, but Leo's an orphan. (*Hamilton voice* "You're an orphan? Of course!") His parents, for reasons undetermined, aren't around, leaving Leo to float alone in the universe.
3. When he was growing up, he learned to play the cello.
4. He is a giant ball of energy. When he drinks energy drinks or coffee, the effects can be disastrous. (Think about Hammy from Over the Hedge--the similarities between Leo and Hammy are...uncanny.)
5. Leo has ADHD. (This is something I didn't know before, so I'm glad I figured that out.)