Last year, I started doing monthly recaps. After a while, they got to be too much to keep up with, but I've always wanted to go back to them. Thus, I present a new bloggity feature thing: In a Nutshell. It'll be more condensed than my previous monthly recaps. I intend to use this as a way to let you know what I've been up to, as well as to keep as a record of what I've been doing in my life (since I am a very forgetful person). What was I saying? Oh. Well, let's get to it. Here's January 2016 in a nutshell.
- I got my nose pierced. That was a huge thing. In order to start off 2016 right, I felt compelled to be brave and just DO THE THING. I haven't regretted it in the slightest. (Though the aftercare took some practice.)
- There was a lot of taking-care-of-tiny-children. Our conversations include Hulk Smash and swimming pools full of chocolate milk.
earlier i managed to entertain two toddlers by letting them watch me pour my coffee. the world is amazing.— skywalker (@skyofthetiger) January 11, 2016
- My iPod completely broke out of the blue. Much of my time was spent agonizing over the sheer awfulness of using an iPod 2 as a backup, and then happily remembering the passcode to my old iPod 4.
- I got back into crocheting for some random reason, and I completed an infinity scarf from last year and also made my very first HAT. (I've been crocheting since I was nine or so, and I have never made a HAT!!)
- I watched a ton of Jacksepticeye videos. Possibly too many.
- I. Fell. In. Love. With. Hamilton. I can't even speak coherently about this. I am not throwing away my shot.
This was a busy month for me as far as writing blog posts goes. I posted here on Wednesdays and on The Fangirl Initiative on Thursdays. One of the biggest things was the accidental creation of Young and Sick, where I now post on Fridays. Integrating the word spoonie into my online identity was another huge thing, as was self love. Overall, I became bolder. I wrote some blog posts that terrified me, but I took steps towards becoming the writer I want to be.
- "stink at bowling" gutter
- bilbo writing
- nose piercing 2016
- sebastian stan grandparents
Luxury - Jon Bellion
Lay It All on Me - Rudimental and Ed Sheeran
Polaroid - Imagine Dragons
Rumble - Brooke Waggoner
400 Lux - Lorde
Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah) - Andy Grammer
Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
Who Do You Love - Marianas Trench
Ooh - Jon Bellion
Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
House of Gold - Twenty One Pilots
Waiting for Love - Avicii
Trouble - Avicii
(There was also Hamilton. So much Hamilton. I'm in love with Hamilton.)
Tune in next time to see...
- Me fumbling through the second month of the year
- Me crying, wondering how the heck you write a book about space
- My attempts to make it through the day by rewarding myself with copious amounts of coffee (with dubious results)
- My loud, almost-constant performance of Hamilton as a one-woman show (includes bad rapping)
- Me trying to become an adult with my life together (just kidding, this will not happen)
What about you? What was your January 2016 like?
P.S. - As some of you may have seen on Twitter, I'm contemplating starting a story and posting installments of it on Wattpad. Should I do this? Pros? Cons? Let me know!