Beautiful People: 2016 Writerly Goals & Resolutions
Welcome back to Beautiful People, my blog link-up with Cait. This month we decided to embrace the new year and talk about our writing goals for this year!
I know a lot of you have already written about it, like I have, so we've tried to make our questions as in-depth as possible in order to prompt more thought and discussion. We'd love for you to join us!
But first, you might be wondering...
- What were your writing achievements last year?
- Tell us about your top priority writing project for this year?
- List 5 areas you’d like to work the hardest to improve this year.
- Are you participating in any writing challenges?
- What's your critique partner/beta reader situation like and do you have plans to expand this year?
- Do you have plans to read any writer-related books this year? Or are there specific books you want to read for research?
- Pick one character you want to get to know better, and how are you going to achieve this?
- Do you plan to edit or query, and what’s your plan of attack?
- Toni Morrison once said, “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” What are the books that you want to see more of, and what “holes” do you think need filling in the literary world?
- What do you hope to have achieved by the end of 2016?