Beautiful Books: The Writing Process
Hello, writerlings! This is ashamedly late. Sickness and NaNo have fried my brain.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, it's time for another installment in Beautiful Books!
As you may remember, last month we started up our alternate link-up, Beautiful Books. Once in a while (mainly in October, November, and December), we take a break from Beautiful People in order to focus on your books. Your Beautiful Books!
Last month, we asked you to introduce your novel. This month, we're asking you to answer questions about the writing process. How's writing your novel going? Are you a plotter or a pantser (or a plantser)? What's your favorite writer snack? We're here to ask all of the things.
How does it work? We've assembled 10 questions for you to answer about your novel (and yourself). Open a blog post, answer them, and come back to add your link to the linky. Please feel free to check out the other linkers, too! We want this to be one big party.
OH! One last thing. While Beautiful Books is somewhat themed around NaNoWriMo, you absolutely don't have to be doing NaNo to participate. Pick a work-in-progress, grab a hot beverage, and enjoy. Above all, these link-ups are supposed to be fun!
So that people can find the link-up, please link back to Cait and I, either via a text link or this fancy blog button.
- Is the book turning out how you thought it would be, or is it defying your expectations?
- What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?
- Are you a plotter or a pantser? Have you ever tried both methods and how did it turn out?
- What do you reward yourself with after meeting a goal?
- What do you look for in a name? Do you have themes and where do you find your names?
- What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end — and why?
- Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?
- What kind of things have you researched for this project, and how do you go about researching? (What’s the weirdest thing you’ve researched?!)
- Do you write better alone or with others? Do you share your work or prefer to keep it to yourself?
- What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!