I'm finally here to participate in the Valentine's Day version of Beautiful People! Today I'm featuring Cooper and Jem from my NaNo novel Lost Girls. You can find out more about that book here.
Jem is my main character, with a rare spinal condition and yet a sharp, scientific mind. Cooper is a quieter, sensitive forensic analyst. I love them.
|Just, uh, ignore the beard, okay?|
1. How long have they been a couple?
2. How did they first meet?
3. What were their first thoughts of each other? (Love at first sight or “you’re freakishly annoying”?)
Jem thought Cooper's style was clean cut, Cooper was instantly attracted to the new intern.
4. What do they do that most annoys each other?
5. Are their personalities opposite or similar?
Both, in different ways. They both share a love of science and logic, but Cooper is far more emotional about it than Jem is.
6. How would their lives be different without each other?
Cooper's life would be an endless cycle of work. Jem wouldn't know how to feel emotions.
7. Are they ever embarrassed of each other?
When they go into nerdy rant sessions about science, maybe. But they secretly find it adorable. They haven't been a couple long enough yet to figure out what annoys them about each other.
8. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?
Their boss probably would, if she knew about it.
9. Do they see their relationship as long-term/leading to marriage?
Cooper, yes. Jem isn't sure. Her number one commitment is to her work. If marriage manages to fit within her plans, then so be it.
10. If they could plan the “perfect outing” together, where would they go?
To the Santa Monica pier at sunset, where they'd stroll around hand-in-hand.