Beautiful Books #3: Let’s Talk Editing
- On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how well do you think this book turned out?
- Have you ever rewritten or edited one of your books before? If so, what do you do to prepare yourself? If not, what’s your plan?
- What’s your final word count? Do you plan to lengthen or trim your book?
- What are you most proud of? Plot, characters, or pacing?
- What’s your favorite bit of prose or line from this novel?
- What aspect of your book needs the most work?
- What aspect of your book is your favourite?
- How are your characters? Well-rounded, or do they still need to be fleshed out?
- If you had to do it over again, what would you change about the whole process?
- Did anything happen in the book that completely surprised you? Have any scenes or characters turned out differently to what you planned? Good or bad?
- What was the theme and message? Do you think they came across? If not, is there anything you could do to bring them out more?
- Do you like writing with a deadline (like NaNoWriMo) or do you prefer to write-as-it-comes?
- Comparative title time! What published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)
- How do you celebrate a finished novel?!
- When people are done reading your book, what feeling do you want them to come away with?