- What came first: characters or plot idea? Are you a plotter or a pantser?
- Do you have a title and/or a “back-cover-blurb”?
- What wordcount are you aiming for when your novel is finished?
- Sum up your novel in 3 sentences.
- Sum up your characters in one word each.
- Which character are you most excited to write? Tell us about them!
- What about your villain? Who is he, what is his goal?
- What is your protagonist’s goal? And what stands in the way?
- What inciting incident begins your protagonist’s journey?
- Where is your novel set?
- What are three big scenes in your novel that change the game completely?
- What is the most dynamic relationship your character has? Who else do they come in contact with or become close to during the story?
- How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
- Do you have an ending in mind, or do you plan to see what happens?
- What are your hopes and dreams for your book? What impressions are you hoping this novel will leave on your readers and yourself? (This is your mission statement, one you can look back on when the road gets tough.)
The Blog Buttons
That's all, folks!
Are you doing NaNo, and are you excited?
If not, what novel are you working on right now?