- I wish they made soft chips. True, it would defeat the purpose of having chips to crunch, but at least us poor braces-folk would have the ability to enjoy the flavor of chips without risking a bracket emergency.
- An upper arch isn't fun, and a lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially when you get food stuck up there. Which happens often. Too often.
- I look better with braces than I thought I would.
- My orthodontist and the hygienists are the nicest people ever.
- Despite being paid less, the ortho-hygienists do most of the work. It's nice to talk to them while they do. I even have a favorite now. (Hi, Megan!)
- People with braces should have some kind of superhero status among the rest of the world. I have solved this problem by assuming my new superhero idenity: Metalmouth. Nice to meet you, folks.
- Having a bunch of metal in your mouth isn't very cool. I wonder if I'll set off metal detectors at the airport now.
- It's harder than you think, having braces (hence the whole superhero point I made above). You have to brush your teeth after every meal (something that I forgot to do today...oops) and you can't eat certain foods. Oh, joy.
- But in the end, it will be worth it. My teeth are already much straighter now and I'm happy with this fact.
(finally) on September 21st,and since then it's been two weeks full of major transition. Case in point:
P.S. - I reached my 6-year-anniversary of blogging yesterday. Yeah, I'm ancient.
Thanks, guys, for making my blogging experience so awesome.
And on another completely different note, I'm pretty pleased with myself because I majorly worked on my room today. Cleaning, reorganizing, overhauling my bookshelves... see, I have a lot of books. And these books were eating my desk and my floor. And the thing with me is, I'm not a neat freak but eventually things drive me crazy.
This was the day where I finally snapped and said "OHMYGOSHIHAVETOCLEANTHISNOW."
So yeah. I cleaned off my bookshelves, reorganized them in order of which I liked best, moved some books downstairs, moved some books from my floor to my bookshelf, majorly diminished the pile of books on the floor, and realized just how many books I have. Oh, and I also drew with a Sharpie on my wall, finally writing over some quotes I had pencilled on my wall about a year ago. It's the little things in life.