Beautiful People - One Year Edition
It's time for Beautiful People again! BP is a monthly blog challenge started by Georgie Penn and I. Every month around the 20th, we post 10 questions for you to answer about your characters. If you want more information, you can check out the very first post or the FAQ.
And now I have an announcement to make: Beautiful People has officially been around for one year. Last March, we decided to start this blog thing, and our blogs have never been the same since.
Because this is BP's one-year anniversary, Georgie and I decided to do something special this month. It's an optional challenge focusing on relationships.
How it works: you pick two characters that have a unique relationship or a relationship that you want to know more about. This could be anything from siblings, to a couple, to just friends. As long as you choose two characters that are connected to each other in some way, you should be good to go.
We've offered 15 questions this month. The first 10 are normal questions that you answer about both your characters. Then, there are 5 extra questions focusing specifically on what kind of a relationship they have.
If you don't want to do the additional 5 questions, you can always just pick one character and use just the 10 questions as planned. This relationship challenge is completely optional and it's up to you whether you want to participate.
And now, here are the normal 10 questions that we typically have every month. Thanks especially to Alyianna and Finvarra Penn for submitting some of these.
1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible?
2. Are they strong, or the "damsel/knight in distress" sort?
3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree...)
4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having?
5. Describe their current place of residence.
6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it?
7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be?
8. How do they deal with change?
9. If they had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose?
10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop?
And here are the extra 5:
1. How did they meet?
2. How do these two deal with conflict?
3. Do they have a special song, phrase, item, or place?
4. What kind of things do they like to do together?
5. Describe their relationship as a whole in 3 words or less.
That's about it! We've tried to keep these neutral so you can answer them regardless of genre. However, if you do write fantasy or sci/fi, try to adapt them so that they do fit your genre, or pose the question as if your character was in a modern world.
If you have any questions about how this works, feel free to leave a comment here or on Georgie's blog and we'd be happy to answer. Or, if you have any questions to submit for future BP posts, we'd love that too.
Don't forget to sign the linky!