The Homeschool Tag
I was tagged by Bluejane with a "Homeschooling Tag". I don't usually do tags, but this one seemed like it was worth it.
- How long have you homeschooled? All my life
- What grade did you start homeschooling? From the moment I was born… every day is a learning experience to me!
- What grade are you in now? It’s summer, but I will be going into 8th next year.
- How old were you when you started? 0 years old
- Do you like homeschooling? Of course! I have more freedom, more possibilities, I can learn what I want when I want (to a certain extent), and I can do school in my pajamas! :D
- Have you ever gone to school? No, not at all
- How long did you go to school? Haven’t gone
- Do you intend to home school your kids when you grow up? Absolutely! It is the best environment for them to grow in.
- What are two things that you like about homeschooling? I love being able to learn freely and not be confined to just a curriculum. I also love having my mom as a teacher – she’s the best!
- Do you totally go against public schools? I am not for them, because I don't think they are a good environment, but I don’t like to be prejudiced about anything. I think that, if you feel that God has called your child to public school, then He will make it work out. He has called everyone to their own path, and I don’t think we should look down on people who are following that path by putting their children in public school. However, I do not support public schooling, and I would strongly suggest homeschooling to anyone.
- Do you have friends who are not homeschoolers? My cousin is not homeschooled, but that doesn’t really interfere with our relationship. We also watch a little girl that goes to school. Other than that, I know of several people who aren’t homeschooled, but they are more acquaintances instead of friends.
- Is it hard to get along with public school friends? Weellll…. With my cousin and the little girl we babysit, it isn’t a problem. I’ve had other friends who definitely are different than me, and it's hard to find things we have in common.
- What is the first thing other people say when they find out that you homeschool? Well, sometimes they just make general comments like "Oh that's neat!" or "Cool!" Occasionally someone will ask me more about it, like what my favorite thing about it is, but not often.
- Who are you going to tag? Anyone that reads this who has the letter "z" in their name.